Vote For The Worst Mets Moment Of The Season

by Mike Kent on September 24, 2009

Yeah, that's how I feel too

Yeah, that's how I feel too

It has been a long season with both good times and bad times.

But for some reason we Mets fans seam to remember the bad more then we remember the good.

I think there are two reasons for that.

1. We are Mets fans
2. There is way more bad then good to remember

There have been lots of bad moments this year.

How many times have you said this is as low as the Mets can get, and then they prove you wrong.

I feel that way every day, and I don’t think I am alone.

And now comes the hard part, picking the worst moment of one of the worst seasons in Mets history (at least since 1993).

The Mets have had many bad moments this season. Is it Luis Castillo dropping the game winning ball against the Yankees or is it the ugliest inning ever in Dodger Stadium?

Mets fans may not get baseball in October or good baseball in 2009, but at least we get to pick the worst moment of the season.

Vote now and use your right as a Met fan to help us rank the top 10 worst Mets moments of the season.

Vote for as many moments you want, but please do not vote for the same thing twice.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Gil Reich September 24, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Wow. Pretty scary list for one season. And hey, it’s not over yet! Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Mike Kent September 24, 2009 at 12:45 pm

As they say, tomorrow is another day

NYM September 24, 2009 at 1:31 pm

So many wonderful moments to chose from. BTW the Mets did win one from the Yankees this yr. We were a masterful 1-5 instead of 0-6! Woohooo!

Mike Kent September 24, 2009 at 1:41 pm

My bad, we are so great!

Mets19 September 24, 2009 at 4:32 pm

The Mets didn’t go 0-6 against the Yanks, they won the day after the Castillo game in Nieve’s first start.

The poll should be changed to actually ranking the top 10, I don’t think there’s any question that a) many of these moments can be ranked as “worst,” like the 2-1 Santana loss, which was the best start by a Mets pitcher this year (he struck out 14, and should have pitched well beyond 7), and b) there’s no question that Castillo’s drop was the worst moment. That was the end of the season right there.

Mike Kent September 25, 2009 at 1:46 am

Three things,

1, My bad about the Yankees thing
2, Santana did not have 14 K’s, he had 13 k’
3, I do not think Castillo’s drop is top 10, I think the triple play, Pedro killing the Mets and losing 15-0 to the Yankees are all worse then the drop.

Thanks for the comment